- Read the directions carefully and always ask for help if something is unclear.
- Pay attention to your test taking time and don't spend too long on one area.
- Change positions to help you relax.
- If you go blank, skip the question and go on. You can always come back later.
- Don't panic when other students start handing in their papers. Being the first one done does not necessarily mean doing well.
- If you find yourself tensing up and getting anxious during the test, relax and take slow deep breaths. You are in control.
- After the test, review the strategies you used:
List what worked and use it again. List what did not work and try to improve it later.
Try these strategies out on your next test and post a comment about they helped with test anxiety!